End of year mixes?

Chat about any topic related to the music & the industry as well as your dj related topics
Stix
Rockin' Roller
Rockin' Roller

End of year mixes?

Post by Stix »

It's this a big thing in the world of DJ's? I would think it would be a little daunting to try to cram a list together? How is this achieved?

DJTrainwreck
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: End of year mixes?

Post by DJTrainwreck »

Stix wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:22 pm It's this a big thing in the world of DJ's? I would think it would be a little daunting to try to cram a list together? How is this achieved?
Well... from my perspective, you easily have loads of others doing the same thing, so its something i've never done. About the only thing I do is make sure that I have a gig going for NYE.

It is a good way to do a year in review. Pull the top 20 from each month, maybe? It kinda depends on several factors: Set length, genre limits, & them of the set, just to name a few. I know for myself I'd lose my head trying to get all the best goodness together for a set. So I do enjoy hearing the masters do their thing.

Carson
Ticket Holder
Ticket Holder

Post by Carson »

I think, if you went about it with your favorite NEW music over the course of a year, that is how a year end mix should be made

DJTrainwreck
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJTrainwreck »

Carson wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:29 pm I think, if you went about it with your favorite NEW music over the course of a year, that is how a year end mix should be made
Ah yes, thats a good approach. Sadly though in 2023, I didnt buy a lot of new music. I ran mostly off the stuff I already had in my library. Maybe next year :mrgreen: :ugeek: