What inspires you to check out new music

Chat about any topic related to the music & the industry as well as your dj related topics
Mister Clean
On Track
On Track

What inspires you to check out new music

Post by Mister Clean »

Its easy to get wrapped up in a single genre, find new music that you like from bands and artsits you already know. So, how do you think outside of the box? What are things you do or look for when it comes to checking out new artists or styles of music?

DJTrainwreck
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What inspires you to check out new music

Post by DJTrainwreck »

I roll the dice with the titles if I'm going completely blind about it. Sometimes I'll browse the charts on music site and go about it that way I figure out what is hot that might be out and what's not

Mister Clean
On Track
On Track

Post by Mister Clean »

DJTrainwreck wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:04 pm I roll the dice with the titles if I'm going completely blind about it. Sometimes I'll browse the charts on music site and go about it that way I figure out what is hot that might be out and what's not
Thank heavens for music preview. Modern tech has made it easier to make good music selections, vs the old days of buying CD's and shooting your shot like you describe. I mean no offense, but don't you feel that method is outdated?

DJTrainwreck
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJTrainwreck »

It works for me as in terms of the limited amount of time I have to discover music. If i was on the hobby a bit more than I am currently. I'd try something different. I admit I miss a good deal. I need a day where I can fall down the rabbit hole on beatport :lol: